I asked my butcher to mince some very lean beef for me – I was going to have it as steak tartare. I did not get around to using it and made a polpettone (a large meat ball/ loaf, called a purpittuni in Sicilian). In previous posts I have written about polpette (meatballs) and braciole (meat […]
September 16, 2014 - No Comments
September 9, 2014 - 4 Comments
August 26, 2014 - No Comments
August 20, 2014 - No Comments
August 11, 2014 - 1 Comment
- Allora Great Bandini, I do however need to accept that ways of presenting recipes do change with tim ...
- We are just passionate - and we can't help it if we are "right"! I had Arancini in Catania on the Ea ...
- I'm Sicilian, Australian-Scilian! Even though I'm Australian-Scilian, I'm still 100% blood Scilian ...
- Know alls...that what we are. And I was always told that only the Calabrese had " la testa dura". M ...
- Ahhh- us Sicilians are such proud loudmouths!!! This is exactly like a story I have about a bakery h ...
Small Fishy Bites
100 recipes, 208 pages, published by New Holland Publishers, Oct 2013.
Small Fishy Bites, picks up this tapas trend showcasing simple, fresh meals that are perfect to share with friends and family and perfect for entertaining. The focus locks on easy, casual, varied dishes to share, tapas-style. It celebrates the diversity and versatility of seafood. It particularly reflects the culinary influences of Mediterranean and Asian food in Australia.
Sicilian Seafood Cooking
120 traditional recipes for seafood and its accompaniments, 383 pages, published by New Holland Publishers, Nov 2011.
Like all true Italian cooking, Sicilian cuisine is intensely regional. Sicilian Seafood Cooking takes readers on a culinary journey around Sicily, using seasonal produce and traditional cooking methods and techniques. The book is layered with fascinating information about the origins of recipes and information about sustainability issues.